Joining the BMW family is their newest member, BMW i4 which is scheduled to be launched in the second half of 2022. The price of the BMW i4 is yet to be confirmed but industry reports are speculating them to be in the range of 37.2 Lakhs and 2.18 crore.
Key Features of BMW I4
- Up to 590 KM Battery range
- Top speed of over 200kmph
- 80 kWh Lithium-ion Battery
- Acceleration power of 0-100 kmph in less than 4 seconds
- 530 HP Maximum Power
Charging & Battery Capacity
BMW I4 model has a lithium-ion battery of 80Kwh which can cover a range of 585 km (WLTP). To reduce the centre of gravity in the car, the battery is placed on the boot floor of the car. The BMW also doesn’t slip in lean changing and tight turns. It supports powerful charging of 150 kW, which means that it can charge from 0 to 80% in just 35 minutes.
The Power performance of BMW I4
The car has a total of 2 three-phase synchronous motors which are located at the front and rear. The motors come with a single-speed option that has a fixed-ratio transmission producing 400KW (523 HP) of power. Due to this feature, the BMW can reach a top speed of 200 kmph and complete a speed of 0 to 100 kmph in just 4 seconds.
The car will also be available in another drive model which comes with a 3 phase synchronous motor rear-wheel-drive setup. It can produce 246 kW (330 hp) power with a single-speed transmission which enables it to cover a range of 483km.
Top features of BMW I4
- Ambient lighting elements have been placed across the cabin which can change colours depending on the driving mode.
- The model comes with a Voice-controlled assistant, iDrive 8 infotainment system, and gesture control system. Also, the iDrive controller is retained on the centre console.
- The iDrive 8 system is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also supports 5G mobile technology, third-party applications and music streaming.
- My BMW App for smartphones is also integrated with the iDrive 8 system.
- The car has a curved display with a 14.9-inch infotainment system and a 12.3-inch instrument cluster.
- Length = 4,804 mm (189.1 in)
- Width = 1,933 mm (76.1 in)
- Height = 1,387 mm (54.6 in)
- Wheelbase = 2,993 mm (117.8 in)
BMW i4 is the first electric vehicle model from BMW which is expected to hit the markets by 2022. The new BMW is also a direct competitor for the Tesla Model 3 and Audi Q4 e-Tron. They come with a battery range of 504 km and 520 km respectively.
One thought on “BMW I4 – Price, Features, and Highlights”