The Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman had recently tabled the Union Budget 2022-23 in the Parliament. Here are the key highlights of the budget with reference to Indian EV Space.
- The Indian government will promote the shift to the use of public transport in urban areas.
- The shift will be assisted by the use of cleantech and governance solutions, Electric Vehicles and special mobility zones with zero fossil-fuel policy.
- Battery swapping policy – considering the constraint of space in urban areas for setting up charging stations at a scale. The battery swapping policy will be brought out and interoperability standards will be operated.
- The private sector will be encouraged to develop sustainable business models for ‘Battery or Energy as a Service’. This will help to improve efficiency in the EV ecosystem.
- Data centers and Energy storage systems including dense charging infrastructure and grid-scale battery systems will be included in the harmonized list of infrastructure.