Tata Motors has introduced the new Tigor EV in India, with prices starting at Rs. 12.49 lakh for the base XE variant. Tata Tigor EV is now available in four trim levels: XE, XM, XZ+, and XZ+ DT. The new Tata Tigor EV will be the second Tata EV to use the brand’s Zip Tron powertrain, which it shares with the Nexon EV.
|Power Steering||Power Windows Front|
|Anti Lock Braking System||Air Conditioner|
|Driver Airbag||Passenger Airbag|
|Wheel Covers||Automatic Climate Control|
|Fog Lights – Front|
|Max Power ([email protected])||73.75bhp|
|Max Torque ([email protected])||170nm|
|Seating Capacity||5 people|
|Boot Space (Liters)||316|
|RTO + Others||Rs. 99,920|
|On Road Price, Delhi||Rs. 13,97,767|
Evolve To An Era Of Electric Cars
With a car that prioritizes safety, you will have limitless freedom. The surge from this technology-infused vehicle can only mean one thing: you’re in for a thrilling drive.
Signature Teal Blue and Glossy Black Roof
Admire Tata Motors’ new electric car’s aesthetically pleasing teal blue exterior and glossy black roof.
The electrifying humanity line of this electric sedan demonstrates pure artistic prowess.
Eye-catching LED DRLs
Make an impression with the Tigor EV’s eye-catching LED DRLs.
Redesigned front grille
This electric vehicle was created in conjunction with the EV theme and features the Tri-Arrow motif.
Hyper Styled Wheels
The Tata Tigor EV’s wheels are both sturdy and stylish, designed to handle all terrains.
|Signature Teal Blue||Daytona Grey|
Dual Tone Dashboard
This fully electric sedan is enhanced by a light grey and black themed dashboard.
Fully automatic climate control
This electric sedan prioritizes comfort, with a cool cabin that allows you to enjoy even the longest drives.
Flat bottom steering
Add a sporty touch to your vehicle with a steering wheel designed for maximum grip.
Prepare for a thrilling ride with seats draped in granite black seat covers with an EV-themed detail.
17.78cm Harman Infotainment Touchscreen
This electric sedan features an eye-level 17.78 cm Harman Infotainment touchscreen that keeps you connected while driving.
With an LCD digital cluster that displays information at a glance, you can stay connected while driving your electric vehicle.
Cooled glove box
To keep things cool for that long drive
Drive For Miles
Powered entirely by electricity. Embrace the era of electricity with the electric sedan that provides a refined driving experience.
- Before inserting your charging cable into the socket, inspect it for damage such as cracks, cuts, exposed wire, and so on.
- Next, make sure your battery-powered Tata Tigor electric car is properly parked and that the hand park brake is engaged.
- After you have finished charging your Tata Tigor electric vehicle, turn off the power supply before removing the charging cable from the socket. Remove the charging cable first, followed by the car charger port.
- After use, replace the dust cap on the charging cable and the charging socket. Roll up the charging cable and store it in the compartment behind the rear seat.
- Always keep yourself safe. Check that the power source has proper earthing, over-voltage protection, and an earth line leakage circuit breaker (ELCB).
- Allow your fast-charging electric vehicle’s battery pack to charge completely whenever possible.
- Make sure that children are kept away from the power source and the onboard charger port while charging.
- The external power source or onboard charge port should never be exposed to rain or water, especially while charging. The charging procedure should not be performed with wet hands.
- To charge your Tata Tigor electric vehicle, do not use an extension cord or adapter.
- To charge your Tata Tigor electric vehicle, do not use any 5 amp or low-quality socket.
- Submerge the control box in water, do not mishandle it, and do not place a heavy object on it.
- Under no circumstances should you put your fingers in the charger ports.
- Allowing people with medically implanted electric devices to be near your car can be dangerous, especially while it is charging.
- The charging cable should not be stepped, pulled, or knotted. Take care when handling the charging cable.
- Avoid frequent short charges.
BEST VALUE PROPOSITION
Engineered To Rule The Road
|Easy Ownership||Safest Commute|
|Largest EV service infrastructure||Safest electric sedan in India with 4-star GNCAP rating|
|Over The Air software updates for telematics unit||IP67 certified battery, motor, and power electronics components|
|AIS 048 (Nail penetration), crush test, overcharge protection, shock protection, short circuit protection, as per global standard for safety and reliability|
|Durable And Reliable||Top-Notch Connectivity|
|8 years / 1.6 lakh km* warranty on battery and motor||Tata Motors ZConnect app powered by iRA offers 30+ connected car features|
|Built on the Ziptron EV platform, that has been driven and proven over 35 mn.^ km in diverse Indian conditions||Key features include remote commands, vehicle health monitoring, safety, and security, driving and trip analytics, and location-based services|
|Seamless Charging Experience|
|Free home charging installation*|
|24×7 emergency charging support (in 5 cities)Please refer to the Terms and Conditions section for complete details|
The new Tata Motors electric car – Tigor EV is a true embodiment of the electric evolution, with a massive 26 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This IP67 (Ingress Protection against intrusion, dust, accidental contact, and water) certified battery has been driven and proven over 35 million kilometres to withstand any terrain and weather.
Motor And Drive
Turn on the ignition and feel the power of Ziptron technology surge through the Tata Tigor EV. Tata Motors’ latest electric sedan is propelled by pure, pristine power, with a peak output of 74.7 PS and torque of 170 Nm for an excellent driving range. Our Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor deserves nothing less.
To power up this electric sedan, it’s only fair to complement this battery capacity with a high-performance motor controller that’s integrated with Zip Tron technology. Complete with liquid-cooled architecture for powerful performance and durability across a wide range of operating temperatures.
Liquid Cooled Battery Pack Rated IP67
This low-cost electric vehicle in India features a liquid-cooled, IP67-certified (Ingress Protection against intrusion, dust, accidental contact, and water) and AIS-048-compliant battery pack that checks all the boxes for protection against nail penetration, crush, overcharges, and short circuits. It can withstand extreme temperatures while remaining waterproof and dustproof.
4-Star GNCAP rating
Drive is the country’s safest electric sedan, with a 4-star rating from the world’s most dependable car evaluation programme.
Dual Front Airbags
We have a set of airbags that keep you safe on the road as one of the safest electric cars.
ABS with EBD and Corner Stability Control
Feel completely secure in our electric vehicles, which include an Anti-Lock Braking System, an Electronic Brake-Distribution System, and Cornering Stability Control. Maintain complete control of the vehicle while driving.
GLOBAL STANDARD FOR SAFETY & RELIABILITY
|Water Proof & Dust Proof (IP67)||Shock & Vibration|
|Crush Test||Insulation Monitoring|
|Electromagnetic Shielding||High Voltage Interlock|
|Soaking Test||Gravel Bombardment|
|Fire & Chemical Exposure||Corrosion Test|
We applaud your efforts to combat pollution. Examine the EV incentives available in your state.
|For government incentives, please refer to respective state government circulars|
|Income tax benefits are available under section 80EEB (Only applicable for vehicles registered by individuals)|
|475 385 (Over 5 Years)|
|13.22 MILLION GRAMS|
|EQUIVALENT TO CO2 CONSUMED BY FULL-GROWN TREES|
|122 FULL-GROWN TREES|
|TAILPIPE CO2 REDUCTION ( OVER 5 YEARS)|
- 4-star safety rating, feels solid with an excellent ride quality
- Decent performance from electric motor
- Good space for a sub-4-meter sedan
- India’s most affordable passenger EV (as of May 2022)
- Offers adequate performance + 200km real-world range
- Priced well for an EV
Could be Better
- Boot space is down from 419 liters to just 316
- Doesn’t Look Much Different From Fleet Version
- Lack of Charging Infrastructure
- Nexon EV has better performance & range at slightly higher EMI cost
- Unproven Long Term Reliability
With its reasonably spacious interiors and long list of features, the Tigor EV fits the bill. The market has already warmed up to the Nexon EV, its SUV sibling, making it a more compelling buy.
|Electric motor type||Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
|Electric motor power (kW/PS)||55 kW (74.7 PS)|
|Electric motor torque (Nm)||170 Nm|
|Drive modes||Multi-drive modes (Drive | Sport)|
|Battery pack||26 kWh High energy density Lithium-ion battery pack|
|Ingress protection for motor |
and battery pack
|Acceleration (0-60 kmph in a sec)||5.7|
|Max restart grade ability||29.0%|
|Emission||Zero tailpipe emission|
Smart Drive Features
- Smart regenerative braking
- Hill ascent assist
- Hill descent in helping
|Transmission||Single-speed transmission for automatic like drive|
Dimensions and Weight
|Length x Width x Height (mm)||3993 x 1677 x 1532|
|Ground clearance (mm) – unladen||172|
|Boot space (liter)||316|
|Kerb weight (kg)||1235|
|Tyre specs||175/65 R14 with Low rolling resistance tires|
|Turning circle radius (m)||5.1|
|Front, Rear||Disc, Drum|
|Front Suspension||Independent MacPherson strut with coil spring|
|Rear Suspension||Twist beam with dual path strut|
|Charging standard||CCS 2|
|Estimated regular charging time|
(SOC 0%-80% from any 15A plug point)
|8 hours 45 minutes##|
|Estimated fast charging time|
(SOC 0%-80% from any 25 kW DC charger)
|Battery pack & motor warranty||8 Yrs / 1,60,000 km (whichever is earlier)*|
|Vehicle warranty||3 Yrs / 1,25,000 km (whichever is earlier)*|
|ARAI Certified full charge range (km)||306*|
Safety & Security
|Engine Immobilizer||Child Safety Lock|
|Power Door Lock||Seat Belt With Pretensioners|
|Load Limiters And Crash-Locking Tongue||Dual Air Bags|
Comfort & Convenience
|Air Conditioner – Fully automatic temperature control||Steering Adjustment – Tilt|
|Power Outlets 12V||Rear Parking Sensor|
|Electrically Adjustable Rear View Mirror||Height Adjustable Driver Seat|
|Upholstery – Premium entire fabric||Front Cup Holders|
|Keyless Entry||Climate Control|
|Fast Charging||Connect app with car|
|Power Window (Front & Rear)|
|Light Type – Projector|
Instrumentation & Communication
|Distance To Empty||Seat Belt Warning|
|Door Ajar Warning|